A vegan pasta sauce that even carnivores will devour.
Trust me from personal experience- my boyfriend who 'doesn't like avocados' claims this is his favorite dish I've made to date ;) He has no idea there is avocado in it...if you're reading this Blake it's too late.
This sauce is nutrient-dense and absolutely delicious. Packed with healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals. The avocados give this sauce the creamiest texture and reminds me of one of my favorite Italian recipes- Penne alla Vodka.
Enjoy this sauce over lentil or chickpea pasta, spaghetti squash, or zucchini noodles. I've tried it all ways and love every single one. It truly never gets old!
Some followers have added sundried tomatoes, garlic, and ground turkey to the mix- I love to know any spins you take on this dish!
Makes about 3-4 servings
- 1/2 large Avocado (or 1 whole small avocado)
- 3/4 cup Crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1/4 cup Nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 tsp Italian seasonings
- Salt + pepper, to taste
- Optional: garlic, red pepper flakes
- Blend all ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Taste, adjusting seasonings as desired. *For a thinner sauce, add more crushed tomatoes