My new go-to Autumn side dish- perfect for holiday gatherings or a week of meal prep.
This recipe is simple, nutrient-dense, and full of all the flavors that remind me of Fall.
This dish can be left as-is for a side dish, but I also like to add apple chicken sausage for more of a meal. The flavors pair perfectly together, and this re-heats well on a skillet in minutes.
This dish is gluten-free, paleo-friendly, refined sugar-free, and can be made nut-free.
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 large Sweet potato, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup Pecans
- 1 tbsp Avocado oil
- 1.5 tbsp Grass fed butter or ghee
- 1 tbsp Maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- Sea salt, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
2. Toss veggies in avocado oil and sea salt until evenly coated. Spread evenly on tray. Bake for 15 minutes.
3. Remove and stir veggies. Bake for another 10 minutes.
4. While baking, melt butter and mix with maple syrup and cinnamon.
5. Remove tray again and pour maple + butter mixture over the veggies. ** leave a tiny bit aside for the pecans. Stir and place back in oven for 5-10 minutes
6. Heat a skillet, then add pecans with remaining maple mixture. Let toast for about 3 minutes, stirring frequently so they don’t burn.
7. Combine pecans with veggies, or leave pecans aside for an allergy-friendly version. Serve!