This post is sponsored by Vitamix. All opinions expressed in this post are my own.
The very first thing I made when I got my Vitamix was my own cashew butter. Finding nut butters in the store that are free of additives and sugar can start to get complicated and pricey - so I loved the ability to have control of this in my kitchen so easily.
I knew that my cashew butter had to become the base of a simple, on-the-go snack. For me, having healthy snacks prepped each week is a huge contributor to my healthy lifestyle. Knowing the exact ingredients of what goes into the food I'm eating is so important to me. Therefore, I created these easy 5-ingredient Cashew Butter Granola Bars.
These are my favorite snack I have created to date. The ingredients could not be more simple, and thanks to my Explorian Series Vitamix, they come together in about 20 minutes!
All you need is:
These bars are filled with fiber and healthy fats, and free of any refined sugars or preservatives, making them the perfect healthy snack.
This recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, and paleo-friendly.
The first step is making the cashew butter base. Just pour the cashews into your Vitamix and blend until smooth, which only takes about 8 minutes!
While toasting the coconut may seem like an extra step, it takes only 4 minutes to get the perfect golden brown coconut flakes that add so much flavor to these bars.
Once the coconut and cashew butter is ready, you'll just need to combine all the ingredients and allow it to set in the fridge for a few hours until they are hard enough to slice. That's it!
I'll leave you with the option to stir in the chocolate chips, or get fancy and drizzle on melted chocolate like the ones I've made here ;)
Makes 8 bars
- 2 cups roasted cashews
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2.5 cups shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 1/4-1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup honey (raw + local is best, if possible)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Add cashews to Vitamix. Blend on medium speed until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides a few times if necessary.
- Add sea salt and blend for 20 more seconds.
- Once cashew butter is done, lay coconut shred on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 3 minutes, remove + stir, then bake for 1 more minute.
- Allow coconut to cool, then transfer all ingredients to 1 large bowl.
- Combine all ingredients using a standing mixer.
- Pour mixture into an 8X8 baking dish, using a spatula to smooth down until even and flat.
- Allow mixture to harden in the refrigerator for about 3 hours, then slice into 8 bars. Store in the refrigerator or freezer.