Avocado Pesto Chickpea Pasta
A favorite dish of mine, especially in the Spring and Summer. This pasta is light, packed with flavor, and full of nutrients. This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, soy free, and nut free!
With avocado as the base for the pesto, the dish provides healthy fats to stabilize blood sugars and regulate hunger hormones. The sauce pairs perfectly with tomatoes and peas, and I love to use a chickpea pasta for some good plant protein.
Feel free to spice it up with any roasted veggies, or add some grilled chicken! This sauce is so versatile, another reason why I love it. You'll be hooked once you try this sauce!
- 1 box of chickpea pasta
- 1/2 cup of baby tomatoes
- 1 tbsp of olive oil or avocado oil
- 1/2 cup of peas
For the sauce:
- 1/2 of a large avocado
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1/2 cup baby kale
- 1/2 cup baby spinach
- 1 tsp of salt + pepper, each
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
1. Bring enough water for a box of chickpea pasta to a boil. Cook pasta following box directions. At the end, add the frozen peas to the water with the pasta to allow them to quickly defrost. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat skillet with avocado or olive oil. When hot, add baby tomatoes.
3. Let tomatoes roast in skillet until they start to get dark and crispy.
4. Blend all sauce ingredients together.
5. When tomatoes are done, add all ingredients together in the hot skillet. Serve!