Cashew Cookie Energy Bars
These dreamy bars came about by accident when I was trying to develop an energy ball recipe. They worked so much better as a bar, and I truly think they taste exactly like a Perfect Bar, but way less sugar.
I was so happy with the result I had to share immediately! These bars are perfect to add to weekly meal prep for quick snacks that won't weigh you down or leave you craving more. I always have some healthy snacks ready to grab for the week. Snacking can be such a set back in terms of health if we don't have easy access to healthy options. Give these bars a try!
- 1 1/2 cups cashews (I used roasted and unsalted from Trader Joe's)
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 4 dates
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla bean powder or vanilla extract
1. Blend all ingredients in a food processor until a ball with a cookie dough consistency forms. This may take a couple minutes and you may need to scrape down the sides!
2. Spread dough on parchment paper-lined loaf pan. Leave some space on both edges so that the bars are thicker.
3. Optional: add any whole ingredient toppings (nuts, dried fruit, melted coconut butter, dark chocolate, coconut, seeds, etc.)
4. Place in fridge or freezer until hard enough to slice into bars. If using the freezer, be careful that the bars don't get too frozen to slice!
5. Cut into 4 bars or 8 smaller squares and store in fridge!