Zucchini + Red Pepper Stuffed Turkey Meatballs
This recipe is one of my favorites for Sunday meal prep. These meatballs last me almost the whole week, and I can throw them with just about any dish for the perfect protein.
I am all about adding in extra vegetables wherever I can to really up the nutrition content of a recipe! The zucchini and red pepper in these meatballs add the perfect bulk and flavor. Feel free to sauté the veggies before adding them to soften them up!
Makes: About 12 meatballs
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, diced into small pieces
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast (or parmesan cheese if not dairy free)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- dash of black pepper + crush red pepper flakes
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl until well-incorporated
2. Form into small balls and bake on parchment lined baking sheet at 375 for 20-25 minutes