Carrot Cake Balls
These cute little balls of healthy fats and vitamins are one of my all time favorites. Store these in the fridge for a quick grab and go snack. My kind of fast food ;)
As I've said in the past, making snacks part of your meal prep is a game changer! The between lunch and dinner hanger can get so real- so I have snacks like this around to give me natural energy and keep my blood sugars stabilized.
No baking or cooking required. You basically just throw everything into a food processor and you're good to go! So simple- give these a try!
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup cashews (I use roasted and slightly salted)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (read the label-make sure coconut is the only ingredient!)
- 4 dates
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla bean powder or vanilla extract
- Optional: 1 tbsp coconut sugar or maple syrup for added sweetness
1. Add carrots to food processor until grated; set aside.
2. Add cashews to food processor and pulse until finely grated.
3. Add carrots and remaining ingredients back and pulse until a ball of "dough" has formed. This may take a few minutes, and you may need to scrape down the sides once or twice.
4. Let sit in fridge for 30 minutes.
5. Roll into balls, then roll balls in extra cinnamon in a small bowl. Don't skip this step! It adds a ton of flavor.
6. Store in air tight container in fridge.