1 Pan Turkey Veggie Skillet
One of the easiest recipes I've made to date, and this meal has so much flavor.
Trader Joe's really knows what they're doing with their seasoning blends. I put their 21 Seasoning Salute on pretty much everything- it adds so much flavor with almost no sodium, so that I can also add my own sea salt.
Nutritional yeast is also an ingredient I cook with often that I get a lot of questions about. Nutritional yeast is a seasoning that gives a sort of cheesy flavor, without actual dairy. It is also really high in B vitamins, adding some extra nutrition to a meal. I buy the trader joe's or Bragg's brands typically. You can find nutritional yeast in most grocery stores!
This skillet meal is perfect for family dinner, as well as for a week of meal prep.
I love when a meal comes together without a hassle- especially one that tastes this good.
I promise this meal won't disappoint! Simple ingredients + tons of nutrition. Enjoy!
Makes about 4 servings.
- 1 medium sweet potato, cubed
- 1 yellow squash or green zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 cup cauliflower rice (I thaw from frozen)
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
- 1 cup pre-cooked ground turkey (I like to use leftovers of my turmeric turkey)
- 1.5-2 tbsp avocado oil
- @traderjoes 21 seasoning salute, to taste
- 1-2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Sea salt, to taste
- Optional: 1 green onion
1. Heat about 1 tbsp avocado oil in skillet. Once hot, add sweet potatoes
2. Cook for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally
3. Add squash (or zucchini) and cauliflower rice with another splash of avocado oil. Generously season with @traderjoes 21 seasoning salute and stir to coat.
4. Cook, stirring occasionally, for an additional 5 minutes
5. Add turkey and spinach. Season with sea salt and nutritional yeast
6. Cook for about 2 more minutes, or until everything is to desired temperature and crispness
Optional: top with green onion
Don't forget to follow me on Instagram for daily recipe inspiration and tips!