One of the easiest recipes I've made to date, and this meal has so much flavor.
Trader Joe's really knows what they're doing with their seasoning blends. I put their 21 Seasoning Salute on pretty much everything- it adds so much flavor with almost no sodium, so that I can also add my own sea salt.
Nutritional yeast is also an ingredient I cook with often that I get a lot of questions about. Nutritional yeast is a seasoning that gives a sort of cheesy flavor, without actual dairy. It is also really high in B vitamins, adding some extra nutrition to a meal. I buy the trader joe's or Bragg's brands typically. You can find nutritional yeast in most grocery stores!
This skillet meal is perfect for family dinner, as well as for a week of meal prep.
I love when a meal comes together without a hassle- especially one that tastes this good.
I promise this meal won't disappoint! Simple ingredients + tons of nutrition. Enjoy!
Makes about 4 servings.
- 1 medium sweet potato, cubed
- 1 yellow squash or green zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 cup cauliflower rice (I thaw from frozen)
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
- 1 cup pre-cooked ground turkey (I like to use leftovers of my turmeric turkey)
- 1.5-2 tbsp avocado oil
- @traderjoes 21 seasoning salute, to taste
- 1-2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Sea salt, to taste
- Optional: 1 green onion
1. Heat about 1 tbsp avocado oil in skillet. Once hot, add sweet potatoes
2. Cook for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally
3. Add squash (or zucchini) and cauliflower rice with another splash of avocado oil. Generously season with @traderjoes 21 seasoning salute and stir to coat.
4. Cook, stirring occasionally, for an additional 5 minutes
5. Add turkey and spinach. Season with sea salt and nutritional yeast
6. Cook for about 2 more minutes, or until everything is to desired temperature and crispness
Optional: top with green onion
Don't forget to follow me on Instagram for daily recipe inspiration and tips!