An easy treat that's easy to whip up and seriously tastes like snickerdoodle cookie dough!
I like to snack on these with some almond butter or yogurt. They're also perfect to add to a quick breakfast for some filling and blood sugar-stabilizing healthy fats.
These are ready in about 10 minutes and last me through the week! Something quick and delicious to meal prep for a busy week ahead :)
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup roasted cashews
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 scoop @vitalproteins vanilla collagen (or use plain collagen with vanilla extract)
- 5-6 tbsp nut milk*
- 3 tbsp melted coconut butter (I use @nutiva)
- 2 tbsp brain octane or melted coconut oil
- Optional: 3 dates or 1 tbsp pure maple syrup for added sweetness
1. Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add shredded coconut to toast. Stir pretty constantly to avoid burning. Remove when majority is golden brown (should take just a few minutes). Be careful not to burn!
2. Remove from heat.
3. While coconut cools, prepare other ingredients.
4. Add all ingredients to food processor or blender (I used a @ninjakitchen). Process, scraping down the sides a couple times.
5. Roll into balls then flatten with fork. Sprinkle with lots of cinnamon. Store in fridge! *start with 5 tbsp nut milk; if too crumbly and falling apart, add more.