I will never get sick of the peanut butter banana combo. Ever.
I realize the name of this recipe is a mouthful...but it seemed fitting since I could literally eat this whole batch in one bite. These are SO good.
These cookies are packed with heart healthy fibers from oatmeal and flax, as well as healthy fats. Even better, they are SO easy to whip up. The 7 simple ingredients in these cookies are things that I typically always have around. These cookies are vegan, gluten free, and paleo friendly!
In this recipe, you will make a flour from grinding up oats. If you have oat flour around, feel free to use that instead!
These are healthy enough to have as a quick bite on the go...I even have them with breakfast if I'm feeling it ;)
Makes 6 cookies- feel free to double recipe
- 2/3 cup of gluten free oats, blended into a flour
- 2 tbsp natural peanut butter (no sugar added, I used @wild_friends)
- 1 tbsp flax seed
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
1. Blend oats in a blender or food processor for about 20 seconds, until it makes a flour-like consistency
2. Combine all ingredients in a bowl
3. Drop unto parchment paper in about 1 tbsp size portions, form into round shape.
4. Bake at 350 for 12-14 minutes. Optional: smash down with fork after about 10 minutes. Enjoy!
Don't forget to follow along on Instagram!