my forever favorite treat.
peanut butter, chocolate, and sea salt will NEVER get old to me. this healthier version of this classic treat is so easy to make, made with ingredients i almost always have on hand, and refined sugar + grain free.
makes 12-20 balls
3/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup honey
1/4-1/2 cup coconut flour
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
pinch of sea salt
For the chocolate coating:
1/2 cup or 4 oz dark chocolate
1 tsp coconut oil
flakey sea salt
1. in a large bowl, combine peanut butter, honey, vanilla, and sea salt. then slowly pour in the coconut flour, starting with 1/4 cup, until a dough forms that is easy to form into balls. I used about 1 or 2 tbsp less than 1/2 cup for mine.
2. line a baking sheet with parchment paper, then roll the dough into little balls. making anywhere from 12-20 balls (depending on amount of coconut flour used and size of balls).
3. set in freezer for 30 minutes.
4. melt the chocolate and coconut oil until smooth, then dip each ball in chocolate and sprinkle with sea salt. you can dip just half or the full ball (I prefer to dip the whole thing for more of a ‘reese’s’ feel) !
5. set in refrigerator until chocolate hardens.