Almond Butter Brownie Thins
This recipe is my go-to when I'm having a sweet tooth, but don't want to load up on sugar. High sugar treats tend to make me feel fatigued, bloated, and at times even nauseous. That's why I love coming up with new treat ideas that keep the sugar low and are made with real, wholesome ingredients.
I created this recipe with my amazing friend Jacq Gould, founder of Find Your Inner Babe. We had so much fun making this one! I know you chocolate lovers will be hooked on this one ;)
- ¼ cup natural, unsalted creamy almond butter
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- ¾ cup cacoa powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 2.5 oz dark chocolate bar, crushed (or 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips)
- Optional: sliced strawberries for topping
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together almond butter, coconut sugar, and coconut oil until well combined.
3. Add cacoa powder in ¼ cup increments, whisking until well mixed.
4. Whisk in vanilla, salt and eggs, until well combined. Using a rubber spatula, fold in almond flour until a thick batter form. Fold in chocolate.
5. Pour batter into pan. Using the rubber spatula, smooth batter into an even layer. Optional: top with favorite berry or other fruit.
6. Bake for 26-28 minutes. Let cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing.