Carrot Cake Raw Bars
Turned on of my favorite energy ball recipes into a bar, because why not?
I love the flavor of these bites- they are so satisfying with some natural sweetness and healthy fats! I love topping these with some coconut butter for a "frosting". This is a great recipe to prep for a busy week for easy grab-and-go snacks.
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 4 dates
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp coconut oil or MCT oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Optional: 1 tbsp of coconut sugar or maple syrup for a little more sweetness
- Grate chopped carrots in food processor until finely shredded, set aside. Alternatively, use a grater to shred the carrots by hand.
- Add cashews to processor and pulse until finely grated. You can leave some chunks if you want.
- Add carrots back and remaining ingredients and pulse until turned into a ball of "dough". This may take a few minute and you may have to scrape the sides down a couple times.
- Pour into a parchment-lined loaf tin. Leave some space on each side so that the bars are not too thin.
- Let sit in fridge for 3 hours (or overnight) until hard enough to slice. Slice into 8 bars, then slice in half again.
- Optional toppings: extra cinnamon, coconut butter, almond butter, yogurt, or coconut butter mixed with maple syrup.