Naturally sweet, high in fiber, and full of flavor.
These bars are so easy and so delish! Whenever I make these for work friends or some sort of gathering, they are gone within minutes! These pack a lot of nutrients without a ton of sweeteners that you'll often find in packaged snacks. The sweet potato adds a subtle sweetness, with an extra boost of vitamins.
These are gluten free and vegan, and can be made nut free!
- 2 cups old fashioned gluten free oats
- 1/2 cup roasted + smashed sweet potato (roast 1 large potato at 425 in foil until tender, 40-50 mins)
- 1/4 cup peanut or almond butter butter (or any seed/nut butter)
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds (or a mix of hemp and chia)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup avocado oil (coconut or melted butter will work)
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4-1/3 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- Optional: stir in extra seeds or dried fruit
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine oats, sea salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Add all other ingredients and mix until everything is well combined.
- Line an 8X8 baking dish with parchment paper. Spread mixture onto parchment paper until evenly spread and pressed down. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Allow to fully cool, then remove and slice into granola bar sized pieces.