Lemon Chia Seed Grain-Free Muffins (gluten free)
I. Cannot. Get over these muffins!
The flavor, texture, smells- everything. They are low in sugar, like most of the recipes I share with you all! Real, simple ingredients. I am so in love with this recipe, and I know you will be to!
- Gluten free
- Low sugar
Makes 6 muffins
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp grass fed butter, melted
- 1 5.3 oz single container of plain dairy free yogurt
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Juice of 2 small lemon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of sea salt
- Optional: zest of 1 lemon (about 1 tsp) if you like an extra lemon flavor
**note: adding raspberries to this batter does not work! I like to smash a few on top before enjoying!
- Preheat oven to 350°F, and line a muffin tin with 6 cupcake liners.
- Whisk egg in a large bowl, then mix in melted butter lemon juice, vanilla, and yogurt.
- Mix in all dry ingredients until well combined.
- Pour batter evenly into cupcake liners. Shake pan lightly to even out the tops.
- Bake for 28-30 minutes.