These grain-free, low sugar tahini cookies are one of my favorite treats.
They are fluffy, flavorful, and so easy to make. I love to develop cookie recipes for you guys that are really low in sugar- such a better option than store-bought versions! Plus, I find so much joy in baking simple treats!
These cookies are paleo, and can be made vegan with a flax egg and avocado oil.
Makes 15 small cookies.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1 egg (can sub flax egg for varied cookie texture)
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar (maple syrup works as well)
- 2 tbsp avocado or melted coconut oil (or melted butter)
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate morsels
- Optional: sea salt for topping
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Whisk egg with all wet ingredients.
- Combine with dry ingredients.
- Spoon about 1.5 tbsp size cookies onto a parchment-lined baking sheet to make about 15 cookies, or do 2 tbsp sized for larger cookies.
- Optional: sprinkle tops of cookies with sea salt.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes.