One-Skillet Unstuffed Pepper (gluten free, dairy free, paleo)
A grain free twist on the classic stuffed pepper.
This is a super easy recipe for week night dinners or for meal prep work lunches!
makes 4-5 servings.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 bell peppers, diced or sliced into strips
- 1 bag cauli rice, pre cooked according to directions on package
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Dash of cayenne
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- Salt + pepper, to taste
- Optional: feta cheese
1. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large skillet over modem, then sauté onions for 3 minutes.
2. Add peppers until soft, about 6-7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Set aside onion/pepper mixture.
4. Add the other tbsp of oil to the skillet, then cook turkey meat with seasonings. Once cooked through, add pepper/onion mixture and tomato sauce.
5. Season with s+p, stir, and allow to cook for 3-5 minutes. Option to stir in cauli rice or serve everything over the rice. Optional: crumble feta over the top.