Chicken + Kale Nourishing Soup (paleo).
cozy, gut healing, simple soup for the colder months.
This recipe is straightforward and easy, and makes a good size batch for a small gathering or meal prep! The warming spices and bone broth in this soup are wonderful for healing digestive issues. A favorite in my kitchen!
Dairy free, gluten free, and paleo.
Makes 3-4 servings, or more for smaller servings.
3 cups bone broth
1 cup water
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp coconut aminos or gluten free soy sauce
1 - 1.35 lb chicken breast, cut into small pieces
2 large carrots, diced
2 large stalks celery, chopped
1/2 yellow onion
1 bunch of kale, torn + stems removed
juice of 1 lemon
1/4 tsp: turmeric, oregano, chili powder, cayenne (optional)
sea salt + pepper to taste
1. Heat olive oil in medium stock pot on medium heat. Add onion and cook until translucent.
2. Add chicken and cook for 3-5 minutes or until brown on the outside. Add carrots, celery, coconut aminos, and spices. Stir and cook for about 2 more minutes.
3. Add bine broth and water, and turn heat to high and bring soup to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to a simmer.
4. Simmer soup on low for 25-35 minutes, until veggies are tender and chicken is fully cooked.
5. Stir in kale and lemon juice, serve once kale is wilted.