buttery, crispy, caramelized bacon + brussels sprouts.
brussels are a powerful vegetable that pack a load of nutrients that help fight cancer, promote fertility health, and decrease risks for common many diseases.
this recipe is such a good way to enjoy this powerful veggie! the flavors and crispy textures are to die for!
makes about 4 servings
- 1 lb brussels sprouts, halved or quartered and stems removed
- 4-5 slices organic bacon
- 1/3 of a yellow onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tbsp grass fed ghee or butter
- 1/2 tbsp avocado or olive oil
- Salt + pepper, to taste
1. Cook the bacon in a large pan until crispy. Remove bacon from pan and remove most of bacon fat in pan, leaving behind about 1 tbsp
2. Add butter and avocado oil to pan, then add diced onion and stir.
3. Cook onion on medium until translucent, about 5 minutes.
4. Add sliced brussels to pan and stir to coat in oil. Season well with salt + pepper.
5. Cook for 5 minutes, then add 1/4 cup of water to pan to help brussels soften.
6. Continue stirring occasionally for another 5-7 minutes until cooked to your liking. Chop bacon into small pieces while veggies are cooking.
7. Add bacon back to pan, stir, and serve.