the perfect hybrid of a biscuit and a fluffy omelette made with simple ingredients like eggs, chicken sausage, broccoli, almond flour, and cheese.
these make such a satisfying and easy grab and go breakfast- i’m currently obsessed! they are packed with fiber and protein, and super easy to make. broccoli cheddar is forever one of my favorite food combos- anyone else!? the broccoli really bulks up these little egg biscuits, adding lots of fiber and vitamins.
i’m a big fan of adding veggies to my breakfast any way that i can- it makes the meal more filling and, more importantly, helps us get those vitamins and minerals in first thing in the morning. top these with avocado for some healthy fats to make this an even more filling and nutrient-dense meal!
if you’re a broccoli cheddar fan, and need some easy meal prep breakfasts or the perfect weekend brunch addition, then this recipe is for you!
a note on dairy: i strive to use only organic dairy as much as possible. this ensures that the animals are treated properly, as well as fed properly. ‘grass fed’ is the way cows are meant to be fed, rather than corn/grain/soy animal feed. organic also ensures the animals are not pumped with extra hormones or antibiotics.
makes 10-12 biscuits
~ 8 oz ground chicken breakfast sausage (doesn’t need to be super exact, roughly 1 cup)
3 large eggs
1 cup shredded organic white cheddar
1 cup of broccoli, diced into tiny pieces
3/4 cup fine almond flour
1/2 cup onion, diced
1 tbsp avocado oil
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/8 tsp garlic powder
pinch of red pepper flakes
1. preheat oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. heat a large pan over medium heat, add avocado oil. once hot, stir in chicken sausage, broccoli, and onion.
3. cook, stirring frequently and breaking up sausage for 7 minutes. set aside to cool.
4. combine almond flour, baking powder, and seasonings in one bowl. in a separate bowl, whisk eggs then stir in HALF of the cheese and all of the almond flour mixture.
5. stir mixture with chicken sausage and veggies until everything is well combined.
6. scoop out mixture onto parchment paper (i use a large cookie scoop here), into 10-12 biscuits. slightly flatten each biscuit, then sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese on top.
7. bake for 10-12 minutes. store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.