cocoa sea salt buckwheat granola yogurt bowl (gluten free, nut free).
perfectly crunchy and chocolatey buckwheat granola.
i am on SUCH a kick with this breakfast. it’s so quick, easy, and completely satisfying. i like to start my day off on the right foot- and this yogurt + granola combo with some fresh fruit really does the trick. i love to mix some chocolate protein powder into my yogurt for a creamy, chocolatey bowl topped with this crunchy buckwheat granola.
this delicious granola is gluten free, vegan, nut free, and nutrient-dense. plus, it makes a ton, which is always a huge bonus!
3 cups rolled oats
2 cups buckwheat
1/2 cup coconut flakes
3 tbsp chia seeds
3 tbsp coconut sugar
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup + 2 tbsp coconut oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup + 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 tsp of sea salt, plus more for sprinkling
1. preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. in a large bowl combine oats, buckwheat, coconut flakes, chia seeds, coconut sugar, and sea salt
3. in a small saucepan over low-medium heat, melt coconut oil, then whisk in honey, vanilla, and cocoa powder. whisk until a smooth chocolate sauce forms.
4. pour chocolate sauce over dry and mix well- be patient and make sure everything gets evenly coated.
5. spread mixture out in an even layer on a lined baking sheet and press firmly with the back of a spatula to ensure that the mixture is compact.
6. bake for 15-17 minutes, watching so that it doesn’t burn.
7. remove from oven, toss to stir, and place back in oven to bake for another 3-5 minutes until toasted and fragrant. allow to completely cool before storing in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks, or in the freezer for longer.