super simple grain free stuffed peppers (dairy free option).
creamy, easy, delicious stuffed peppers!
growing up, stuffed peppers were a staple dinner my mom would make. a bite of stuffed peppers is instant nostalgia for me! anyone else?! i have a feeling i probably didn’t eat the actual pepper, but now i LOVE them and lick my plate clean.
i whipped this dinner up on a whim the other night- and i couldn’t believe how tasty it was and seriously EASY! i happened to have some peppers to use up and all of the other ingredients on hand.
i love a good stuffed pepp- so satisfying and cozy. plus this one is loaded with veggies for all the fiber and micronutrients. so good! instead of rice, i used cauliflower rice to get in another easy serving of veggies in this meal. cauliflower is packed with fiber, but also micronutrients that help us protect ourselves against cancer and other diseases linked to inflammation. i add it in to recipes any chance i get (or any cruciferous vegetable for that matter). i love using frozen cauliflower rice- it cooks up super quickly!
did you know bell peppers are packed with vitamin c? citrus fruits aren’t the only way to get the immunity-boosting vitamin. they also have lots of antioxidants and B vitamins.
this works really well with both regular and dairy free cream cheese. it adds the perfect creamy touch to the stuffing mixture.
this one is a new dinner staple, for sure!
1 lb grass-fed beef
3 large bell peppers, stems and seeds removed and sliced in half lengthwise
1 (8 oz) container of cream cheese, vegan or regular
1 (14.5 oz) can of fire roasted tomatoes (no salt added)
1 cup up frozen cauliflower rice
2 big handfuls of spinach
1/2 cup veggie broth
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp italian seasoning
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
dash of red pepper flakes
black pepper, to taste
1. preheat oven to 400F and prepare the peppers.
2. while oven is heating, make the stuffing by adding the beef to a large pan over medium until just cooked. add all of the seasonings.
3. stir in cauliflower rice, cook for 1 minute then stir in spinach, tomatoes, and cream cheese until everything is well combined. this may take a few minutes to get cream cheese melty and stirred in.
4. pour chicken stock in the bottom of a 9x3 baking dish, then add the peppers and stuff each pepper half with the filling.
5. cover tightly with foil, then bake for 25-45 minutes.