spring veggie crustless quiche (gluten free).
a veggie packed, light and fluffy crustless quiche made with my favorite seasonal ingredients and siggi’s dairy, the best yogurt made with simple ingredients and high in protein. This quiche makes for such a nutritious and filling breakfast. It’s perfect for hosting a weekend brunch, or for meal prepping for a week ahead. I love serving this with an extra dollop of siggi’s and a slice of buttery toast. So delicious!
I prefer siggi’s to any other yogurt brand due to the simple ingredients they use- they are also lower in sugar and high in protein. I especially love cooking with the plain 4% siggi’s – there is no sugar added and it adds the perfect creamy touch to a sweet or savory dish. I’ve used it in this quiche to keep the quiche from getting dry and bland. It's the best addition!
All you need for this recipe is:
· Siggi’s plain 4% yogurt
· Italian blend cheese
· Mushrooms (optional)
· Fresh dill (optional)
That’s it! A short list of ingredients for a flavorful, nourishing meal.
This quiche doesn’t skimp on the veggies! It’s totally packed with spring produce- like fiber-filled asparagus and flavorful leeks. Some of my favorite seasonal ingredients!
This quiche is simple to make, and made with only real, nourishing ingredients. Making it without a crust not only makes for a lighter dish, but also an easier one! Once the veggies are sautéed and ready, all you have to do it mix all the ingredients together and let it bake. So simple!
½ cup siggi’s plain 4% yogurt (or a 4.4 oz container)
1 cup of shredded Italian cheese blend
1 bunch of asparagus, diced
1 large leek, white and light green parts only
½ cup shiitake mushrooms, sliced (optional)
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tbsp butter or ghee
1 tsp sea salt
¼ tsp black pepper
Handful of fresh dill (optional)
1. preheat oven to 400°F and grease a 9” pie dish generously with butter and set aside.
2. dice asparagus into 1” pieces, and slice leek in half lengthwise and then into thin half-moon slices (discard dark green portion). heat a large skillet over medium heat. once hot, add butter.
3. add asparagus, leek, garlic, and sliced mushroom into the pan. allow to cook for 9-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until veggies are soft and slightly crisped.
4. set veggies aside and allow to cool. meanwhile, whisk eggs in a large bowl. stir in cheese, yogurt, and salt and pepper.
5. stir in the cooled veggies, then pour mixture into the greased pie dish. sprinkle fresh dill over the top (optional). bake for 25 minutes, or until middle of quiche is set and a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool slightly before serving.