thick and fluffy grain free olive oil chocolate chip cookies (paleo).
the most deliciously fluffy, thick, and flavorful bakery style chocolate chip cookies. these cookies were made in partnership with Bertolli olive oil. olive oil adds a rich, smooth flavor to baked goods. it might sound strange to some, but olive oil + chocolate are really delicious together. plus, it’s a healthy fat packed with omega-3’s.
high quality, healthy fats are so important in a healthy diet. i pay close attention to the fats i consume- even in baked goods/desserts! olive oil is a long standing favorite of mine (yes i am very italian and olive oil basically runs through my veins- but it’s also loaded with health benefits :).
i can’t believe the way these cookies turned out- the texture and taste is out of this world good. they taste like a thick and chewy bakery style cookie- but made with real and wholesome ingredients. free of grains, refined sugars, and made with healthy fats. homemade is always best!
i can’t wait for you guys to try these! enjoy xx
1/2 cup bertolli olive oil
3/4 cup coconut sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 3/4 cups almond flour
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup chopped dark chocolate or chocolate chips
1. preheat oven to 350°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. whisk olive oil, egg, coconut sugar, and vanilla together until smooth.
3. stir in the dry ingredients until everything is well combined, then fold in chocolate chips.
4. scoop dough out into about 1.5 tbsp sized balls- roll with your hands to make them smooth. leave room between each cookie for them to spread while baking.
5. bake for 11-12 minutes. allow to cool before serving or cookies will be fragile.