light + fresh chili lime yogurt dressing.
You’ll be wanting this chili lime yogurt dressing with all of your bright and crispy salads, all summer long.
I absolutely love using Siggi’s plain yogurt for a dressing base. It makes a savory dressing perfectly creamy, tangy, and fresh. Plus, it adds a nice protein boost. Siggi’s yogurts are made with only simple ingredients- just the way I like it! It makes for the perfect replacement to sour cream, buttermilk, or mayo that would typically used in a creamy dressing. I love using Siggi’s as a healthy swap for those types of ingredients. And the texture it gives dressings and sauces is out of this world!
This bright and fresh green yogurt dressing is made with simple things like jalapeños, lime, and spinach. I love throwing spinach into a dressing like this just to give it a little nutrient boost (and the beautiful color doesn’t hurt, either!).
I make this simple dressing in my blender in about 5 minutes- just throw everything in, taste test, and serve! You can make this as spicy as you’d like by choosing how much of the jalapeños seeds you keep in it. I like to remove the seeds, set most of them aside, and add more as I taste test to get my desired spice level.
For my salad I put together with this creamy dressing, I used:
· Black rice
· Crisp greens
· Chopped Mango
· Chopped red onion
· Sunflower seeds
I absolutely loved this combo with the chili lime dressing, but you can of course use whatever ingredients you have on hand! That’s the beauty of a salad. And the beauty of a delicious dressing that makes anything taste better.
Chili Lime Yogurt Dressing Recipe
· 2 single serve (5.3 oz) Siggi’s plain 0% containers (roughly a little more than 1 cups)
· 1 cup of baby spinach
· Juice of 1 ½ limes
· 1 jalapeños (seeds removed to your liking)
· 1 garlic clove, minced or crushed
· 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
· 1 handful of fresh chives
· ¼ tsp sea salt, more to taste
· Black pepper, to taste
1. Add All ingredients to a blender and blend until totally smooth. Taste and adjust salt and/or spice to your preference.
2. Store leftover dressing in an airtight container or jar in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.