dense + gooey grain free chocolate chip cookie skillet (paleo).
i had no choice but to turn my famous olive oil cookies into a cookie skillet. ya know? it just had to be done. and let me just say…this is the best cookie skillet i have ever had.
i mean…just look at it!! i can’t get over how good.
it’s so gooey, dense, fluffy, and chocolatey. plus, it’s super simple to make on a whim when the sweet tooth hits! it’s grain free, dairy free, refined sugar free, etc. etc. all the things. but you’d never know! this is the real deal.
best enjoyed with some creamy vanilla ice cream. i used a banana-based vegan ice cream here and it was delicious with the cookie skillet!
and if the olive oil aspect is weirding you out, do'n’t let it! it gives a nice, rich and smooth flavor. (but you could probably sub coconut oil if that’s what you’ve got on hand).
the cookie skillet is basically the same as the individual cookies (linked here). I really don’t think i will ever need a chocolate chip cookie recipe ever again. these are the best!
recipe is for a 9 or 10 inch cast iron skillet
1/2 cup bertolli olive oil
3/4 cup coconut sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 3/4 cups almond flour
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup chopped dark chocolate or chocolate chips
1. preheat oven to 350°F and very lightly grease a 9 or 10 inch cast iron skillet (i recommend spraying it with avocado or coconut oil, then using a paper towel to wipe off excess oil.)
2. whisk olive oil, egg, coconut sugar, and vanilla together until smooth.
3. stir in the dry ingredients until everything is well combined, then fold in chocolate chips.
4. spread the dough out into the cast iron skillet with a rubber spatula (or press it down with your hands). you’ll want to make sure the dough is evenly spread/pressed into the skillet.
5. bake for 15-17 minutes, until edges are slightly browned and a toothpick comes out clean. allow to cool before slicing.