low sugar breakfast oatmeal cookie sandwich with cinnamon yogurt filling (gluten free).
I could not wait to share this recipe with you all! My new favorite on-the-go breakfast, made with my all time favorite siggi’s yogurt flavor- no sugar added banana cinnamon! I’m completely obsessed with this flavor—it’s always been impossible to find a flavored yogurt without tons of sugar added until siggi’s changed the game. Sometimes you just want something a little fancier than plain yogurt! The siggi’s blue lid labels are all flavors that are simply sweetened with fruit, with no added sugars in the mix.
While I love a good savory breakfast, often I crave something sweeter to enjoy with my coffee. Bonus points if it’s something quick that doesn’t take up extra time in my morning!
The extra creamy banana cinnamon yogurt is sandwiched between two lower sugar almond butter oatmeal cookies for the perfect filling, satisfying, and easy grab-and-go breakfast (or snack!). The cookies are super easy to make, and make the perfect amount for the week. You can keep them premade in the freezer, or have the cookies and yogurt ready to go to make fresh cookie sandwiches quickly in the mornings. Pro tip: these would be amazing with any of siggi’s no added sugar line if you want to change it up!
The oatmeal cookies are made with simple, wholesome ingredients like oats, almond butter, and almond flour. Plus, they are refined sugar free and instead lightly sweetened with coconut sugar-- a more natural sweetener option. The siggi’s yogurt is the perfect filling for these for that ultra creamy addition, while adding a boost of protein, healthy probiotics, and extra flavor without any added sugar. These cookie sandwiches are just so delish!
Makes 5-6 cookie sandwiches
For the cookies:
¾ cup almond flour
¾ cup old fashioned oats (gluten free if needed)
¼ cup oat flour
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp sea salt
1/3 cup coconut sugar
3 tbsp avocado oil
3 tbsp almond butter
½ tsp vanilla extract
For the filling:
1 single serve (5.3 oz) siggi’s banana & cinnamon yogurt
1. In a large bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients (almond four, rolled oats, oat flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and sea salt).
2. In a separate bowl, whisk all wet ingredients (egg, coconut sugar, avocado oil, almond butter, and vanilla extract) together until smooth.
3. Combine wet and dry ingredients, then set dough in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes. This helps the dough to be less sticky and easier to scoop into cookies.
4. Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
5. Scoop dough onto parchment paper into 10-12 cookies, then use hands to smooth dough and slightly flatten the dough.
6. Bake for 10 minutes, then allow to completely cool. Store in the refrigerator to make cookie sandwiches on the go, or if you would like to make all the cookies ahead of time, freeze the sandwiches in an airtight container. I add 2-3 tbsp of yogurt per sandwich, but you can fill them as much as you’d like!